Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Dress in the Woods

I'm not quite sure what the inspiration for this photoshoot was, but yesterday I had the urge to go out and shoot. I grabbed Sally (my camera), my tripod, an old dress from my closet which I bought from a thrift store in ninth grade, and walked over to the school yard near my house. I made my way up the hill and positioned the dress across the branches. I changed the angle of the camera and the position of the dress multiple times, hoping to convey a variety of different emotions. What I gathered from these was a feeling of being empty inside, or being lost, abandoned, hopeless. Kind of depressing, but that's what photography is for - showcasing our underlying feelings.

Enjoy. :-)






I also got a pretty cool shot of the sunset while I was at it. I did some editing, and to my surprise you can kind of see the sun's halo.


No comments:

Post a Comment